How do we feel about the new logo? I love it! I pulled inspiration from so many different places and I finally put them all together into a logo that I am super happy with.
These scones were so satisfying. I ate mine with a cup of coffee and it was complete heaven. I sure wouldn’t mind eating that every morning.
I keep saying that I’m not a fan of coconut, but I think I need to stop saying that because it’s just not true anymore. I’m not much of a fan of raw shaved coconut, but shredded toasted coconut is a whole other story. It’s much crispier and has a wonderful toasty flavor.
People keep asking me, “You used butter in this, right?” and “Are you sure there’s no sugar in this?” At first it kind of irritated me. I kept having to say, “Of course not. You know me. I never make anything with those things in it,” but eventually I realized that those were huge compliments. If my food tastes like it has those unhealthy (but admittedly delicious) ingredients in it, then I must be doing a good job of making healthy food taste good.
These scones are:
Absolutely perfect with coffee
I love that these make the perfect on-the-go breakfast. You can eat in just a few minutes or take it with you on your way out the door.
I have a feeling you guys are really gonna love these! I hope you try them because I’d love to hear what you think.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup toasted coconut
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup refined coconut oil (hard)
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add coconut oil and Greek yogurt to dry mixture. Combine with a large fork. (pressing down on sides of bowl)
- Add almond milk and vanilla and stir to combine. (Use large fork to separate any big clumps of coconut oil.)
- In a small bowl ,whisk egg. Add to mixing bowl and stir to completely combine.
- Once batter is mostly free of coconut oil clumps, form into 8 even balls.
- Place scones on lined baking sheet. (No need to leave much space in between each one. They won't spread out.)
- Place baking sheet on middle rack of oven and bake for 20-24 minutes, or until golden brown on top and dark on bottoms.
- Cool completely.
- Store extras in an airtight container in room temperature.