Sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest super foods. They’re super filling, super low calorie, super nutritious and super delicious!
I absolutely love these sweet potatoes. I could eat them every single day.
These potatoes are great for family dinners. My dad and stepmom loved them.
I usually boil sweet potatoes, but baking them tastes so much better, It takes a bit longer, but it’s definitely worth it the wait.
Black beans and peas make these potatoes super filling. If you’re looking to cut down on calories, you’re gonna love how filling these are!
One of the best things about these potatoes is the sauce. I made the most delicious avocado sauce that took just a few minutes to make.
The sauce is made with 1 avocado, 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, the juice of 1 lime and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
These sweet potatoes are:
If you’re looking to make a special dinner for family, friends or yourself, these sweet potatoes are perfect.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, minced
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- ¾ cup frozen green peas
- ¾ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup feta crumbles
- FOR SAUCE
- 1 ripe avocado
- ⅓ cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and place (cut side up) on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour- 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until all parts are soft.
- Remove and let cool 5 minutes.
- In a medium frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sautee onion, mushrooms and frozen peas until cooked through and golden brown.
- Scoop potato flesh out of the skins in a medium-large bowl, leaving a small amount.
- Add vegetables, rinsed black beans, salt and feta to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Scoop vegetable mix back into the skins and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mash together with a large fork until soup-like. Use a spoon to drizzle the sauce over the sweet potatoes.
- Serve warm.