Ice cream has gotten me through some hard times. You understand!
Wow, I can’t even wrap my head around the fact that I am only 30 days away from graduating High School. That’s insane! I’m not sure whether I should be excited or totally freaking out. I’m kind of having mixed emotions.
Spring is finally upon us, so I’ve been making recipes like this a lot lately. There’s been a couple mornings where I’ve woken up almost sweating. I can’t believe it’s already that warm out. I can’t wait for summer when I can make ice cream every week. Yay!
This ice cream is:
The perfect spring time treat
Just like banana cream pie!
- 3 (14 ounce each) cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 and ¼ cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- graham crackers, crumbled
- optional: mini dark chocolate chips
- Refrigerate coconut milk and freeze bananas overnight.
- When you're ready to make the ice cream, blend bananas in a food processor until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, scoop out coconut cream (the thick white layer at the top) from the coconut milk cans.
- With a hand mixer or quickly with a cake spatula, mix coconut cream until light and no chunks remain.
- Add bananas and mix until combined.
- Add dates to food processor and blend until caramel texture.
- Transfer dates to mixing bowl and mix until mostly combined. (It's okay for a few date chunks to remain.)
- Add vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan or medium-large freezer-friendly container.
- Crumble as many graham crackers as you please and sprinkle over ice cream.
- If desired, sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, let sit at room temperature a few minutes to soften.