This is no ordinary pie. There’s no flaky crust or fruity filling. Instead, chewy cookie crust and fudgy chocolate brownie filling. I don’t think it can get any better than that.
So, what makes this pie taste super good? It’s the So Delicious yogurt! What’s so great about this yogurt is that it has the wonderful creamy texture of Greek yogurt, but it’s vegan. I just love it so much. True to its name, this yogurt is SO DELICIOUS!
I’m super excited for the holidays this year! I’ve always loved getting presents (I mean, who doesn’t?) but, this year I’ve been really excited about GIVING rather than receiving gifts. I have it all planned out. I’m going to make a variety of things: mason jar baking mixes, adorable custom mugs and chocolate spoons. I can’t wait!
This pie may look like a bit of a hot mess, but don’t think for a second that it’s not extremely delicious. This pie is:
Great with ice cream (like Halo Top!)
No dairy was needed to make this pie. Wow… I’m really not one to say that sort of thing, but So Delicious has changed my mind. If I can still eat delicious creamy yogurt and be vegan, then it doesn’t sound so bad.
When I made this pie, at first, I thought it was a flop because of the unevenness of the brownie center. But, then I tried a slice and all those fears went away. I can’t wait for you guys to try this one. It’s certainly a must-try!
- FOR COOKIE CRUST
- 1¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon water
- ¾ cup coconut oil, softened
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ Tablespoons So Delicious unsweetened vanilla yogurt
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- FOR BROWNIE FILLING
- ½ cup So Delicious unsweetened vanilla yogurt
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry crust ingredients together.
- Whisk in water.
- In a medium heat-safe bowl, melt coconut oil in microwave. Pour oil, vanilla and yogurt into bowl and stir until combined and dough forms.
- Add chocolate chips and use hands to evenly distribute in dough.
- Put ¼ dough into a bowl and refrigerate.
- With remaining dough, press into baking dish and form into crust. Even the top rim with fingers to keep from cracking.
- Clean out mixing bowl and whisk yogurt and almond milk together.
- Melt coconut oil and stir into yogurt mixture.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into cookie crust .
- Take remaining cookie dough out of refrigerator. Roll small balls of dough with palms and spread out on top of brownie batter.
- Bake 47-52 minutes, or until toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Cool completely.
- Carefully cut with a sharp serrated knife and serve with healthy Ice cream (like Halo Top) or banana nice cream.