If you’ve been following me on Instagram, then you know about my healthy eating and fitness program Green Girl’s Guide. I’m happy to say that the website is finally up and running, so you should all check it out immediately! The eBook for the program will not be available until the end of the Summer, but that shouldn’t stop you from signing up for the newsletter and following the GGG Instagram for updates and recipes.
I thought I’d share a sweet recipe this week because I know how much mothers love chocolate and coffee. Mother’s Day is this Sunday, so make sure you whip up one of these indulgent milkshakes for your mom.
The best thing about this milkshake is that it’s vegan. Now, before you freak out by hearing that word, just consider the health benefits of eating vegan for at least one meal a day. Dairy is known to slow our bodies and our energy levels. I know that’s not what you want for your mother on her special day, so give this recipe a try. I guarantee your mom will love it!
If you’re excited for Summer (like me!) then you need to try this recipe. It’ll get you in the mood to lounge by the pool and have a picnic. It sure made me excited.
This milkshake is:
The perfect Mother’s Day treat
Full of healthy fats
Indulgent… and then some!
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 soft dates, pitted
- ½ cup strong coffee, fresh brewed and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- optional: 1-3 squares dark chocolate
- optional: coconut whipped cream and melted dark chocolate
- Soak cashews in a medium bowl of room temperature water and refrigerate coconut milk.
- The next day, make coffee, pour ½ cup into a bowl or cup, and refrigerate a few minutes until room temperature or cooler. (You can make the coffee hours before and refrigerate it the entire time.)
- In a high speed blender, blend all ingredients until combined.
- Pour into two glasses or 1 jumbo glass (if you want to share a cup) and top with coconut whipped cream and melted dark chocolate.
* Nutrition facts do not include additional dark chocolate or toppings.