So, it’s almost my birthday. I’m turning 18 this Wednesday!! I can hardly believe it!
I had a great birthday party at my dad’s house this weekend and as usual, I made all the treats. I made a delicious raw vegan mocha cheesecake and peanut butter dark chocolate raw vegan donuts. I was shocked by how much everyone loved the food. I was expecting some hesitation and fake smiles because of the whole “raw vegan,” “sugar-free” thing.
With everything that’s been happening in America lately, it will be nice to get my mind off of the news and on to something exciting. I have to admit, being a legal adult kind of freaks me out. But, I don’t think it will be all that different.
This banana bread is:
The perfect refined sugar-free breakfast
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 Tablespoons water)
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 and ½ cup whole wheat flour or oat flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats or quick cooking oats
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup homemade Nutella or Justin's chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a loaf pan with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Combine flax egg ingredients in small bowl and whisk. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas. (It's okay if a few chunks remain.)
- Add all wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add each dry ingredient, stirring between each addition. Stir until all is combined.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Dollop Nutella around batter. (See picture)
- Use a toothpick to swirl Nutella around.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Cut into 10-12 slices.